Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Yet another teething trouble...

Life's taken yet another turn! Beginnings are always fun...well, arguably so! To me, they implya fresh slate , newer faces to get used to, unpredictable challenges and also, teethingtroubles!

Seven days old at a Fortune 500 , I am going through teething issues. I love the response thevery name evokes in people, love the 'I too have made it big' feeling and even love the way thename rolls of my tongue. But, I also find the labyrinth of cubicles,the enormous sea ofunidentifiable faces, and the machine like precision a little intimidating!

I miss the warm cocoon of friendships that naturally formed in a small organization. I miss thelunch sessions with lively moots about everything under the sun - the govt, human intereststories, work, the weather, and of course, recipies. Working in an 'almost' all womenorganization can be fun. Like natural gel we bond; I perfectly understood the strange feelingshe had when mom in law got a little too nosey and she understood my dilemma of trying to equibalance work and home.

Sure, I am thrilled at having a food court at my disposal. But, still miss the peanut walah,the banana wallah and the short afternoon sojourns to the nearby juice junction.Reason whispers "Don't be silly! It's just a matter of time before you call this your groovetoo.Din't that usually serious person flash a sudden friendly grin at you today?". Yes, thatshow it is gonna be! Let me too work on putting that garfield style grin back onto my face.Ciao...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Dershana,

Am curious to know who the serious person was :-))

Shobs