Tuesday, May 27, 2008

one day at my new country...

Recently relocated to a new country in the arab world...life is now sleeping, watching flicks on TV, reading, cooking, cleaning (self and the house), and vegetating...did enjoy it all the first few weeks...

Hmm...had an adventure last week. there was a major break in on our floor. robbers who obviously knew that out of the 3 flats only one would be inhabited during the day (our's with only me inside!) literally kicked their way in.of course, I heard the noise but found the peephole on the door blackened out. I din't dare venture out to see what created the ruckus (now I thank my lucky stars that I left my guts back in India!).By the time i called hubby out of a training he was in and got the caretaker's number, the bang bang had stopped and the door bell started. Did get cold feet ;-)

Well, the watchman was called and people arrived on the scene. But, the damage was done! The first household had been looted, the second one sported a badly broken door but the insides were left intact.

The cops did come and so did a sniffer dog. But, apparently rarely are these guys caught 'cause they din't think twice before leaving behind cigaratte stubs, a handkerchief, and a pool of urine!!

2 comments:

Prarthna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kitchen queen said...

you have a nice artisitic blog.you can also visit my blog and give ur comments.