Friday, January 4, 2013

Resolutions, yet again?

This time I decided to keep my resolutions tangible and acheivable. Afterall, where was the point in consistently promising myself the moon and consistently failing, each year every year. So, this time it is doable. And, not just any old doable. These are things that I anyway love to do, in bits and spurts as and when time and convenience permits. Here is the list:

1) Set aside10% of whatever amount is spent on all of our birthdays or any other special day for any one social cause that, we feel,really makes a difference. In my case, child and women issues top the list.

2) Write down a small review/account of every book  I read. My absent mindedness makes me forget most names, both that of books and of authors.

3) Stop offering help to people who do not ask for it. By that I dont mean I quit helping someone obviously in dire need and not in a position to actively seek help.

4) I am a chickatarian (dont know if that usage is official, but anyway) and so, I quit eating that for the whole of January. Don't ask me what purpose that serves. Maybe, just checking if my long term plan of shifting gears to complete vegetarianism is achieveable :-D

5) Actually count and write down atleast one incident/person who has been a blessing, each week.

6) Resume Yoga from mid january. Pushed till then since I want to go back to a teacher, atleast for a few sessions, to get back into active practise.

7) Give my little girl undivided attention for set hours. By that I mean, not to let my reading, cooking, cleaning or facebooking interfere with the time I allocate for her.

8) Learn one new skill before the year is out.

There, now it is all out in the public :-D

6 comments:

lata raja said...

I am ticking few of them to add to my set of resolutions along with you. To set aside for donating to causes is something we do every month for some years now.
My keeping of books went out of the window :(
I would love to also pen down the person/incident that made me ponder over.
Cheering you in your efforts and hope I will be able to hold on to those I want to do along with.

Finla said...

Good luck i am sur eyou will keep up . Now what is chicketraian.

Aparna Balasubramanian said...

Lots of resolutions, all good ones too. Good luck. :)

Priya Srinivasan - I Camp in My Kitchen said...

Best of luck with your resolutions! !!! Personally I Love the social cause and kiddo time!!!!

Srividya said...

It was nice to read your resolutions. Good Luck and Happy New Year.

Jayashree said...

Nice list....I esp like the one about counting your blessing every week.